Start your journey here. Getting started can be the hardest part of any relationship. Psychotherapy requires dedication and work of both the client and clinician. In the end, the client must DO THE MOST WORK. It is YOU, and YOU alone who can impliment a real personal change. Our practice is here to guide the process, assist with treatment options, create pathways for strength, healing and resiliency. The WORK, that of personal GROWTH, CHANGE and AFFIRMATIONS, come from within the client who is ready for a new way of living.
It is essential that our practice verifes the insurance and eligibility benefits of a client before services are provided. As we strive to provide services, clients need to be aware of their insurance and financial obligations. We stress this aspect of care as we want clients to have a clear perspective on what services are covered and what services may render out-of-pocket expenses.
Our practice is currently an IN-NETWORK INSURANCE PROVIDER for:
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois PPO
United Helath Care
Our office DOES NOT bill out-of-network insurance providers. Payment is due at the time of services. Invoices are provided for client's submission to their providers.
Prior to attending a FIRST APPOINTMENT client's must complete the following:
1. Scheduling an appointment will prompt the start of our services. A client will be asked to complete basic personal information. The appiontment will be confirmed or denied based on the clinican's availability.
2. Invitation to secure Patient Portal will be sent to your email. Accept invitation, and complete PATIENT INTAKE and submit a copy (front and back) of INSURANCE CARD. A photo copy of the INSURANCE CARD (front and back) can also be done through secure email to our office email@example.com.
3. A Care Coordinator will contact you regarding the appointment details and your insurance/elgibility coverage. We will confirm whether the coverage plan is in-network or out-of-network, deductible amount (what portion of the deductible has been met), and co-pay fees. This is vital, because this will affect who is responsible for the payment of provided services.
YOUR FIRST APPOINTMENT is typically:
- 1 - 1.5 hours in length. This long
appointment gives us time to listen
and hear your story.
- A review of your intake forms will be
- You will be asked questions about your
- You will be able to express your concerns and
describe symptoms. This is your time to be
How YOU can best prepare for YOUR FIRST Appointment
Accept invitation to Patient Portal via email. Complete intake forms you received via email. Once completed, these forms will automatically be returned to our practice. Dr. Petrongelli will review your personal information prior to your visit. All communications are internally secure, confidential and stored on HIPPA complaint software.
Additionally, please prepare your own questions.
You can bring a family member or friend to an appointment. They can wait for you outside as currently, due to Covid-19 precautions, only one person will be let inside our practice at a time. If a client is a minor, parents or gardians are allowed to accompany the child.
After your first visit, the appointments might be shorter. We focus on checking your progress and adjusting treatments. Most psychological treatments (therapy sessions), require regular weekly, bi-weekly or monthly visitations.
Monday 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Tuesday 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Wednesday 9:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Friday 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Saturday By appoinment